Comment on page
In Solo Mode, users are equipped with NFT Sneakers to earn tokens by moving. Energy is needed to earn Green Satoshi Tokens (GST). Every 1 Energy equals 5 minutes of move&earn movement and Energy which ONLY starts replenishing after users acquire an NFT Sneaker. To begin, users select a Sneaker of their choice, and press Start.
Users should see a status on the top of the screen showing either Walking or Running.
Moonwalking: This will be shown if the app detects a weak GPS/internet signal, or the user is not organically moving (i.e. using an electronic scooter or strap phone on their dog). No GST will be earned while Moonwalking, and users may/may not lose Energy depending on the circumstance.
GPS Signal: White - No GPS; Red - Poor GPS; Green - Strong GPS.
Always make sure you have Energy before moving, as there is no token earning if you have zero Energy.
GST/GMT will be paid out for every minute of movement, which is dependent on 4 main factors:
- 2.Sneaker’s Efficiency Attribute - The higher the efficiency, the more GST earned per minute. Users can ONLY earn GST from Level 0 to Level 29. At Level 30, users can choose to stay earning GST, or switch to earn GMT. Users can switch between these two earning modes freely.
- 3.Sneaker’s Comfort Attribute - The higher the Comfort, the more GMT earned per minute. Users will have the option to choose between GST and GMT earning at Level 30. Users can switch between these two earning modes freely. For GMT releasing detail, refer to the Tokenomic section. The higher the Comfort, the slower the HP decay, refer to HP System section for more detail.
- 4.Speed of Movement - To maximize earnings, users should keep within the optimal speed range of their respective Sneaker. Whenever a user falls below or above this range, their earnings will be reduced up to 90% depending on the speed discrepancy from the optimal range.
Once Energy is depleted, users stop earning tokens. They can either choose to carry on tracking their movements, or manually exit Solo Mode by briefly holding down the Stop button.
Mystery Box is a loot box that is randomly dropped while you are moving in Solo Mode. It contains GST, Gems (Level 1 – 4). Each user has 4 Mystery Box slots.
Mystery Box has 10 qualities. Upon receiving a Mystery Box, opening the box requires waiting and the countdown starts automatically. Once the countdown ends, they will be spending a small amount of GST (a Base Cost) to open it. Mystery Box countdown duration increases proportionately to its quality.
In Marathon Mode, users need to register under the Marathon Tab at least 24 hours prior to commencement. There will both be Weekly Marathons and Monthly Marathons.
- 1.Weekly Marathon - These Marathons are held weekly and last for the whole week. Users can choose to participate in the 2.5km, 5km, or 7.5km Marathons, but can only take part in one Marathon at a time.
- 2.Monthly Marathon - These Marathons are held monthly and last for the whole month. Users can choose to participate in the 5km, 10km, or 15km Marathons, but can only take part in one Marathon at a time.
Only users who have successfully registered will receive a notification in their Quest Log (Under Development). Users can utilise the Set a Goal function to keep track of their progress. Once the stipulated running distance is completed, users will be notified via the Quest Log that the Marathon is complete. Users will not be able to repair their Sneakers until the Marathon is over.
To ensure commitment from users, a fee is imposed upon registration, which will be refunded upon completion of the Marathon. Participants who are unable to complete the Marathon within the time frame will have their fees pooled together and included into the Leaderboard rewards.
Leaderboard (Coming Soon)
Marathon participants are ranked using points. Points are calculated based on users’ running speed and Sneaker’s Attributes.
- 1.The top % on the Leaderboard for the weekly/monthly Marathon will receive GST/GMT prizes and Gold NFT Badge (TBD)
- 2.The top % on the Leaderboard for the weekly/monthly Marathon will receive GMT prizes and Silver NFT Badge (TBD)
- 3.The top % on the Leaderboard for the weekly/monthly Marathon will receive GST prizes and Bronze NFT Badge (TBD)
- 4.All Marathon participants will receive an NFT Badge of Participation.
While the STEPN app is not been actively used, users will be able continue earning GST. So long as the user holds a Sneaker in the app, Background Mode will count the steps directly from their mobile device’s Health Data app, capped at 3,000 steps daily. These earnings are fixed (not affected by Efficiency or other bonuses) and will not add towards the daily GST Cap.
Users will not incur Durability or Energy costs while earning through Background Mode.